Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Lucky Ones (Part 2)

So, I opened my Entertainment Weekly (which did used to have a pretty good BOOKS section) and discovered that Nicholas Sparks has a book called The Lucky One. So, now not only there's a movie not named after Rachel Cusk's novel, but there's also a Sparks novel with a similar title. I realize this happens all the time and that's not really what this post is about.
THIS post should really be titled ??????!!!??!!??! because APPARENTLY Nicolas Sparks--he of the schmaltzy novels (okay, full disclosure, I haven't read any, just seen the previews)--CLAIMS to read 125 books per year. ONE TWENTY FIVE!

Am I jealous, just snarky (what kind of "books" is he talking about?) or highly skeptical? A fourth possibility is that I needed a topic for a post because I'm strangely slow reading this month.

No comments: